What Parents and Students Are Saying
About Tucson Country Day School
“When we chose TCDS, we had no idea that our school community would become the center of so many facets of our lives. Beyond the fabulous academics and teachers at TCDS, we love and lean on the amazing parents and families at our school. This community has truly become our ‘village.’ The best example we have of this is that our son, who promoted from TCDS and is now in high school, still returns to his TCDS family to be his source of strong friendships, just as we continue to rely on our relationships with fellow TCDS and ‘TCDS Alumni’ parents. At this school, community lasts a lifetime.”
– Amy and Patrick, parents of a third grader, a fourth grader, and a TCDS graduate.
“I am so impressed with the manners and attitude on campus. Students open doors for adults, say please and thank you, and are expected to take their hats off in class. I also love how many opportunities there are to build the kids up with positive reinforcement and reward academic excellence. TCDS has exceeded my expectations.”
– Laura and Dave, parents of a preschooler and Kindergartner
“Tucson Country Day School is more than just a school ~ it is a caring community that teaches and lives character and core values. I feel everyone involved with the school is looking out for my children and truly cares about them. All three of my children have attended TCDS while my husband is deployed, and we feel the school embraces us. Not only does it offer smaller class sizes, an abundance of extra curricular activities, and a competitive curriculum to include physical education, technology, music, art, and Spanish; but it also offers an amazing staff of highly qualified and extremely caring people who obviously love what they do and enjoy being there.”
– Ann, parent of a 4th, 1st, and Preschooler
“TCDS is a school that not only focus’ on fundamental academics, it is a community that reinforces self discipline, respect, and patriotism – values important to our family. We’re very happy to be able to send our children to TCDS.”
– Susan and Scott, parents of a Kinder and Preschooler
“We cannot say enough good things about Tucson Country Day School. We love the spacious campus, the family atmosphere and the commitment to learning. When our two children walk through the gate, they are entering into a learning institution that will challenge their minds while allowing them to grow mentally, physically and emotionally in an environment that cares about them as much as we do.”
– Amy and Chris, parents of a 6th and 7th grader (enrolled since Kinder)
“My son Alex has been attending this school since 3rd grade and he has loved the friends he has made and the teachers who attend to these children are one in a million. My daughter Katie graduated from this school and because of the excellent education she received she is now an honor roll student in high school. The middle school teachers here are so easy to work with. And as parents know working with the teachers, students and admin is sometimes hard in public schools but here the class size is small and the kids get the attention they need to exceed. You will love this school as much as we have.”
– Lea Ann, parent of a 7th grader (enrolled since 3rd)
“We switched from a TUSD School to TCDS because we felt the smaller class sizes and the focus on respect and discipline fit our son’s needs, and provided him with a safer learning environment. We were impressed with the large parent involvement which we feel is an important part of the learning process.”
Stacey and Bob, parents of a 7th grader (enrolled since 2nd)
Tucson Country Day School
Recognition and Awards
- 2011 – Founder Richard Cooper received the Arizona Charter Association’s coveted Lifetime Achievement in Education award. He was the second recipient since the charter school movement began in 1996.
- 2009 through 2014 – TCDS recognized each year by the Arizona Department of Education for having 100% compliance with all Exceptional Education policies and requirements. In 2014, we were the only school to receive this recognition for the sixth year in a row.
- 2009, 2010 and 2011 – Given the second highest rating, Highly Performing, by the Arizona Department of Education
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 – Given the second highest rating, B, by the Arizona Department of Education
- 2009 – Founder Richard Cooper was selected by “American Solutions for Winning the Future” as the Arizona Entrepreneur of the Year. After personally visiting our school, Speaker Newt Gingrich also publicly commended TCDS for our excellence.
- 2009 – Only one of twelve Arizona Charter schools selected by Microsoft Corporation to participate in the Microsoft Leadership Institute.
- 2007, 2008 and 2009 – Given the highest rating, Excelling, by the Arizona Department of Education
- 2007 – Two TCDS teachers were chosen as Science Teacher of the Year and New Science Teacher of the Year for all Arizona schools
- 2007 – Honored by the Federal Department of Education as one of “The Great Public Schools of America”.
- 2004 – One of only 3 charter schools in southern Arizona to be given the “Highly Performing” label.
- 2002 – Ranked #1 in AIMS writing test results, #3 in reading and #5 in mathematics out of 1,020 statewide schools.