National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) students are staying busy with upcoming events and projects.
This year, the 21 seventh and eighth grade students who are in National Junior Honor Society meet Thursdays during their Enrichment period.
The goals of National Junior Honor Society this year? To provide leadership opportunities for all members, give donation of time and money within our school community and give donation of time and money to two outside organizations.
Upcoming events for National Junior Honor Society members include:
* The school’s annual Pumpkin Patch on October 24. Members will volunteer to run games for TCDS students.
* Friday Fun Night (with Student Council) on October 24 from 5:30-7:30 pm. Come to the school to enjoy this fun event!
* UA Challenge Leadership Course on November 21. This is a Rocks and Ropes leadership course for all NJHS members. Information packets will be sent home soon.
Upcoming Projects for National Junior Honor Society members include:
* Sponsoring a needy family for the holidays
* Fundraising to buy books for the TCDS library in the spring.