***Check out the day-to-day calendar by clicking here.
*** See the 2018-19 K-8 calendar by clicking here.
Early Ed 2018-19 Calendar Coming soon!
*** See the 2017-2018 Early Childhood calendar by clicking here.
A note from Admin about the 2018-19 calendar
Thank you for your patience while we worked and re-worked the 2018-19 school calendar. Previous calendars and schedules have received strong support from our parents, teachers and staff. The one main concern we’ve heard is that it’s hard for you, our parents, if our calendar is not aligned to some degree with the calendars of neighboring districts. Knowing this, we worked to align the calendar as much as we could to both the Tanque Verde School District and Tucson Unified School District calendars. Here is a brief summary of next year’s calendar:
- The 180-day school year begins on Monday, August 6 and ends on Thursday, May 25.
- 4th through 8th grade will run from 8:00 to 2:45; Kinder through 3rd grade begins at 8:30 and dismisses at 3:15.
- We will have a one week fall break and a one week spring break. The breaks follow the end of the quarter which is a great time for students and staff to rest, relax and get refreshed for the next quarter. Both our fall break and our spring break are the same as Tanque Verde Unified School District and TUSD.
- Our last day of school prior to winter break will be December 2oth. We will return to school on January 8. Tanque Verde and TUSD are taking the same two weeks off.
- Starting next year, we will no longer have an early dismissal day on Wednesday. We tried the early dismissal thinking it would help to give us more focused time for teacher/staff professional development. We found the time periods – one hour – are too short to accomplish the things we need to accomplish in our PD. So, next year we will return to running a regular schedule every day and have a half day once per month or so. This will give us a longer period for PD. We will offer half day camps on all half days.
- After much discussion with our teachers and listening to parent feedback to teachers and in this year’s parent survey, we will hold two rounds of Parent-Student-Teacher conferences in 2018-19. The first round will be near the end of the first quarter. The second round will be held in the middle of the third quarter.
- The first day of school, August 6th, will once again be designated as our Champion Day. We will spend our time building our culture and community; reinforcing our expectations for manners, respect and Champion behavior; talking about classroom expectations, procedures and policies; working on anti-bullying activities together, and continuing our schoolwide implementation of The Leader in Me. As we saw last year, Champion Day is helpful to all of us in meeting our goals of social and academic excellence and establishing a great climate for the school year. As we did this year, we will also have a Champion Day on the Monday we return from Winter Break.
If you have any questions about the calendar, please feel free to contact us at (520) 296-0883 or send us an email.
Your Administration Team