Last Monday, 10 middle school students – in sixth and seventh grade – were inducted into National Junior Honor Society for the 2015-16 school year.
A big congratulations to our new members:
* Emily * Haylie * Erica * Orion * Amylynn
* Garrett * Julia * Victoria * Maggie * Amber
Next year, we will have 22 students in National Junior Honor Society.
* Olympiad Day (helpers)
* Pumpkin patch (helpers)
* Go Live! (helpers)
* Fed a family of 10 at Thanksgiving
* Ran the “Giving Tree” (10 families/42 people received Christmas gifts)
* Bear and Books Drive (helping kids in CPS care)
* Veterans community integration program (students inventoried furniture and household items)
* Big Brother Big Sister clothing drive (collected $224.00/1120 lbs., will be used to buy new books for Diamonds Children’s Hospital library. Barnes & Noble will give 20 percent off all books when we go shopping.)
* Candy sales and pizza fundraisers
* Participated in day-long leadership program at the UA
Congratulations to all of our new National Junior Honor Society members – and congratulations to our current members on the excellent work you did this year.