Lunch Program

We are excited to announce that Tucson Country Day School is implementing the National School Lunch Program beginning this 2016-2017 school year!

(Click on parent note to see larger view)

parent note

Children need healthy lunch to learn.  Tucson Country Day School offers healthy lunches every school day.  Lunch costs $3.50.  Your children may qualify for free lunch or reduced-price lunch.  Reduced-price is $.40. 

Click here to view and print out an application for free or reduced-price lunch.

The following information will give more information regarding qualifications, as well as common questions and answers to help you with the application process.

    • 1. All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations) or TANF can get free lunch regardless of your income.
    • 2. Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free lunch.
    • 3. Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free lunch.
    • 4. Children can get free or reduced-price lunch if your household’s gross income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.  Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price lunch if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.

                 Federal Eligibility Income Chart for School Year 2016-2017

Household Size Yearly Income Monthly Income Weekly Income
1 $21,978 $1,832 $423
2 $29,637 $2,470 $570
3 $37,296 $3,108 $718
4 $44,955 $3,747 $865
5 $52,614 $4,385 $1,012
6 $60,273 $5,023 $1,160
7 $67,951 $5,663 $1,307
8 $75,647 $6,304 $1,455
Each additional person: +$7,696 +$642 +$148


  • HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILDREN QUALIFY AS HOMELESS, MIGRANT, OR RUNAWAY?  Do the members of your household lack a permanent address?  Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement?  Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis?  Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household?  If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free lunch, please call or e-mail Lauren Mosgrove, National School Lunch Program Coordinator, at Tucson Country Day School at 520-296-0883 X172 or


  • DO I NEED TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FOR EACH CHILD?  No. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Application for all students in your household.  We cannot approve an application that is not complete so be sure to fill out all required information.  Return the completed application to Lauren Mosgrove at Tucson Country Day School either in person, by scanning and emailing it to, by faxing it to 520-647-9308 (no cover sheet necessary), or by USMail to Lauren Mosgrove at Tucson Country Day School.


  • SHOULD I FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IF I RECEIVED A LETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR SAYING MY CHILDREN ARE APPROVED FOR FREE LUNCH?  No, but please read the letter you got carefully.  If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Lauren Mosgrove at 520-296-0883 X172  or immediately.


  • CAN I APPLY ONLINE?   No. Our school does not have the option to apply for free or reduced-price lunch online at this time.  Please contact Lauren Mosgrove at Tucson Country Day School at or 520-296-0883 X172 and refer to the information above to complete a paper application.


  • MY CHILD’S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED AT A PREVIOUS SCHOOL LAST YEAR.  DO I NEED TO FILL OUT ANOTHER ONE?  Yes.  Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year through September 8, 2016.  You must submit a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.  If you do not submit a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free lunch, your child will be charged the full price for lunch.


  • WILL THE INFORMATION I GIVE BE CHECKED?  Yes.  We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report.


  • IF I DON’T QUALIFY NOW, MAY I APPLY LATER?  Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year.  For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced-price lunch if the household income drops below the income limit.


  • WHAT IF I DISAGREE WITH THE SCHOOL’S DECISION ABOUT MY APPLICATION? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by writing or calling Lauren Mosgrove at or 520-296-0883 X172.


  • WHAT IF MY INCOME IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME?  List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you make $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.  If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.


  • WHAT IF SOME HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS HAVE NO INCOME TO REPORT?  Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application or may not receive income at all.  Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field.  However, if any income fields are left empty or blank those will also be counted as zeroes.  Please be careful when leaving income fields blank as we will assume you meant to do so.


  • WE ARE IN THE MILITARY.  DO WE REPORT OUR INCOME DIFFERENTLY?  Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income.  If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, it must also be included as income.  However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.  Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.


  • WHAT IF THERE ISN’T ENOUGH SPACE ON THE APPLICATION FOR MY FAMILY?  List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper and attach it to your application.  Contact Lauren Mosgrove at or 520-296-0883 X172 or stop by the office to receive a second application.


  • MY FAMILY NEEDS MORE HELP. ARE THERE OTHER PROGRAMS WE MIGHT APPLY FOR? To find out how to apply for SNAP or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-800-352-8401.


If you have other questions or need help, call 520-296-0883 X172 or email

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

(Click on images to see larger view)

for parents espanol

for parents