This coming week – March 4 through March 8 – is Love of Reading Week!
In addition to reading, reading and reading, we’re celebrating with some great “themed dress-up days”, contests and more. Thank you to our amazing librarian, Ms. Chris, for heading up Love of Reading Week at our school!
- Bookmark Contest and Mystery Raffle: Entry forms for the bookmark contest are in the library. Students will have the opportunity to earn mystery raffle tickets throughout Love of Reading Week. Winners will receive a $10 gift card from Bookmans.
- Monday, March 4th: The Pima County Library/Bear Canyon will be on campus after school to pass out library card and program information to parents and students. Look for their table at the front gate from 2:30pm – 3:30pm.
- Wednesday, March 6th: Bookmans will be handing out information on their programs, schedules and special events after school at the front gate. Look for their table as well from 2:30pm – 3:30pm.
The “themed dress-up days” for the week shown below is for preschool through fifth grade. (Middle school has their own schedule of dress-up days for the week, and it is shown further down in this post.)
Middle School Spirit Week (6th-8th grade students):
While the lower grades are dressing up for Love of Reading week, Middle School students are invited to participate in Spirit Week (the same week as Love of Reading Week). This Spirit Week is sponsored by the Middle School Student Council.
Spirit Week is March 4th-8th
- Monday, March 4th: Pajama Day
(Students may wear their pajamas and/or robes. Only school appropriate pajamas, no slippers.)
- Tuesday, March 5th: Hawaiian vs. Biker Day
(Flowery Hawaiian shirts or leather vests and biker boots.)
- Wednesday, March 6th: Wacky Wednesday!
(Walk wildly without worries! Crazy hair, mismatched shoes and clothes….BE WACKY!!)
- Thursday, March 7th: Throwback Thursday
(Dress in your best oldies look.)
- Friday, March 8th: Fancy Friday
(Dress it up in your fanciest outfit.)
- Dress Down Days and Spirit Week Reminder: With the exception of the uniform itself, the school dress code policies apply to “Spirit Week and Dress Down Days. Spaghetti straps, cut-off jeans or pants, pants with holes in them, leggings, jeggings and yoga pants worn as bottoms, revealing clothing and bare midriffs are not permitted. Undergarments cannot be visible. Sleeveless shirts must be at least two inches wide.