Tucson Country Day School Governing Board
NOTICE: All meeting notices for School Governing Board meetings are posted on this page (see below). Meeting notices are posted no less than 24 hours before each meeting and remain posted until the next meeting notice is posted. Minutes for meetings in the current fiscal year are available for download below. A physical copy of each meeting notice is also posted outside of the school administration building at 9239 E. Wrightstown Road, Tucson AZ 85715. A physical copy of minutes from all prior Board meetings can be viewed in the Administrative conference room at the same address.
Tucson Country Day School is governed by a five-member school board. Members serve a three-year term and can continue on the board for as many terms as they like as long as they are re-elected by the other school board members.
The members of the governing board are responsible for prescribing and enforcing policies and procedures for the governance of TCDS that are consistent with Arizona laws and rules and policies prescribed by the Arizona Department of Education and the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools.
Board meetings are held every other month.
Agendas identifying the date, time, location and topics to be discussed at each board meeting are posted outside the school administration office and on the school website (see below). Dates for school board meetings are noted on this page and on the school’s online calendar.
You can view School Board minutes below by clicking on the date of the meeting. This will open a PDF file that can be read using Adobe Reader.
Want to see what our budget looks like? Click one of the links below to see this year’s proposed and adopted budget. The proposed budget is the first budget approved by your School Board. You can think of the proposed budget as our draft or working budget. Prior to July 15 of each year, the School Board is required to approve the Adopted budget for the current fiscal year. This is the budget we will follow during the year. The proposed budget and adopted budget are usually very similar if not identical. The 12-month fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. If revenue or expenses change during the year, the School Board can approve a Revised budget and submit it to the State as needed.
Click here to view the 2016-17 (fiscal year 2017) adopted budget => TCDS FY17 Adopted Budget.
Click here to view the 2016-17 (fiscal year 2017) proposed budget => TCDS FY17 Proposed Budget.
School Board Meetings for the 2016-17 School Year
July 13, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – COMPLETED
August 23, 2016, 6:00 p.m. – COMPLETED
October 6, 2016, 10:00 a.m. – COMPLETED
October 25, 2016, 6:00 p.m. (If needed – CANCELLED at 10/06/16 meeting)
November 15, 2016, 10:00 a.m. – COMPLETED
January 17, 2017 6 p.m. – COMPLETED
February 28, 2017 6 p.m. changed to March 9, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Agenda for the March 9, 2017 School Board Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
NOTICE AND AGENDA OF MEETING OF THE
TUCSON COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Under A.R.S. §38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Tucson Country Day School Board of Directors and to the general public that the Tucson Country Day School Board of Directors will hold a meeting open to the public on Thursday, March 9, 2017 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR), Tucson Country Day School, 9239 E. Wrightstown Road, Tucson, Arizona. The Tucson Country Day School Board of Directors may vote to go into executive session, which will not be open to the public, to discuss certain matters.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Call to order
- Roll call
- Review and approval of the minutes from the November 15, 2016 School Board meeting
- SPA Update
- Principal’s Update
- Discussion and possible action on creating a window for Kindergarten enrollment
- Discussion and action on the TCDS Leadership Team for 2017 (Dr. Anders committed to working at TCDS for three years when she was hired. This is her third year, and she is retiring at the end of this school year. We interviewed principal candidates and have invited two candidates to speak to the board: Mr. Adrian Hannah and Mr. Jordan Krause). The Board will likely go into Executive Session to discuss the candidates.
- Discussion about the A+ School of Excellence site visit
- Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not on the agenda. Therefore, action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Announcements – Announcements of future meeting dates and other information concerning the Board.
- Executive Session
The Tucson Country Day School Board of Directors may conduct one of more Executive Sessions concerning any matter on the Open Meeting agenda for any or all of the following purposes:
1. Discussion or consideration of employment, assignment, appointment, promotion, demotion, dismissal, salaries, disciplining or resignation of a public officer, appointee or employee of Tucson Country Day School, pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(1), and/or
2. Discussion or consideration of records exempt from public inspection, including the receipt and discussion of information or testimony that is specifically required to be maintained as confidential by state or federal law pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(2) and/or
3. Discussion or consultation for legal advice with the attorney or attorneys of Tucson Country Day School pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(3) and/or
4. Discussion or consultation with the attorneys of Tucson Country Day School in order to consider its position and instruct its attorneys regarding Tucson Country Day School’s pending or contemplated litigation or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation ARS 38-431.03(A)(4).
Dated this 8th day of March, 2017
Tucson Country Day School Board of Directors
Click here to see the professional HearingNotification17.
Current Fiscal Year Minutes from Prior Meetings