From May 12, 2014 to May 16, 2014 students may bring in any “gently used” books to their classroom for donation. We will be collecting the picture books, chapter books, and non-fiction books brought in by each student and will organize them for the Book Swap on the last day of school.
On May 22, 2014 students will be invited to visit the Book Swap tables and select a few “gently used” book of their choice. The number of books students will be allowed to select will be based on the number of books that are donated in total. The more books we get, the more books students will be allowed to take home for summer reading! We are working on creating a Book Swap center that TCDS families can visit throughout the summer. Be on the lookout for this, if you visit the campus during the summer! Please make choices carefully before bringing in books.
Books will be accepted under the following guidelines:
– Books must be paperback and appropriate for grades PreK-8 only.
– Books must be in gently used condition: cover on, no rips, tears, or bent edges.
– Books with coloring or writing in them will not be accepted.
– Coloring books, activity books, and sticker books will not be accepted.
– Books from kids’ meals will not be accepted. (Chick-fil-a, McDonalds, etc.)
Please note that the selection of books available will be based on books donated. We cannot ensure specific titles, etc. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Lopez at email@example.com.