Meet Mrs. Mary Getz
Third Grade Coordinator
Mary Getz has been teaching third grade at Tucson Country Day School since 2012. She enjoys the enthusiasm of the children at this grade level. Mary has a puppy named Benny, and she enjoys camping, swimming and bike riding on her days off.
Meet Mrs. Shannon Tresvik
- The best part about teaching at TCDS: Feeling a sense of community. We all take care of each other.
- I am a native of Tucson! I have lived here for more than 35 years.
- I have several pets. I have a dog named Georgie, a cat named Desi and some fish.
- Favorite vacation destinations: San Francisco, the beach and Disneyland
- Favorite free-time activity as a child: I loved to read, especially the Ramona Quimby books because I identified with her. They were my favorite.
- A fun fact most people don’t know about me: I spent a summer in Europe as a nanny.
- Favorite place to relax: I enjoy the beach when it is warm outside.
- If I could meet one person from any point in time, I would like to meet Barbara Walters because she had met a lot of fascinating people and had a lot of stories to tell.
- Unique facts about me: * I have worn glasses since I was four years old. * I earned my master’s degree from NAU.
- My true color for my personality is blue. I always try to be kind and loving.
Meet Mrs. Alexandra Carlson
(Mrs. Carlson is Ms. Shannon’s long-term substitute while Ms. Shannon is on maternity leave.)
Alexandra Carlson comes to Tucson Country Day School with a unique background. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Journalism and Spanish. Alexandra held many positions at Arizona Public Media, also known as PBS, for four years and worked in advertising and public relations for two years for a number of local businesses until she finally decided to start a career in teaching. Alexandra’s husband is also a teacher and teaches circuit card repair for the Air Force at Davis Monthan Air Force Base. With great joy and excitement, Alexandra and her husband will be welcoming their first child in October.