Meet Mrs. Kelly Grusendorf
Kelly Grusendorf has been the Resource Director at Tucson Country Day School since 2005. She is a University of Arizona graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Special Education and Rehabilitation followed by a Master of Arts in Elementary Education. Go Wildcats!
Kelly is married and has five amazing children ranging in age from two to 12 years old. Kelly enjoys spending time traveling with her family in their motor home.
Meet Mrs. Beth Culbertson
- I have two daughters. M.E. is 24, and Kate E. is 23. M.E. is a five-year senior in collage in Utah. Kate E. is a senior in college in Washington.
- Most rewarding about working with students: We have so much fun learning. I get so excited about what we are doing!
- Best part about teaching: Having students excited to learn
- I have now lived in Tucson for 24 years.
- I liked to collect books when I was younger. Today I like to collect teaching materials and supplies for my classroom. I always want to make sure we have what will help all of the class.
- I have taught in Guam. I wanted to live out of the country.
- Favorite colors: Blue and green
- Favorite free-time activities as a child: Reading and collecting books; this kept me busy. It was magical going to the lake and watching the waves.
- If I could meet one person from any point in time, I would meet a movie star.
- If I could appear on a television show, I would be on “Family Feud”. It would be fun be a participant who plays on TV.
- Unique facts about me: * I travel extensively. * I have more than one job – I work many hours. *I come from a big family.
Meet Ms. Wolferstetter
Jennifer Wolferstetter is excited to have the awesome privilege of joining the Resource Department this school year. Though she is new to the TCDS community, this is her 16th year serving students and families. Working with children has never felt like a job to her, but rather a JOY! A passionate proponent of fostering curiosity and a love of learning, Jennifer is excited to make this the best year ever.
Growing up, Jennifer’s favorite subjects in school were orchestra, literature and art. Outside of school, she enjoys being outdoors and active. An Ironman triathlete, Jennifer loves to swim, cycle and run. Being newly transplanted from Wisconsin to Arizona, she is having fun in the sun exploring the area. Weekends find her hiking in the mountains with friends and family, trying new recipes in the kitchen, and cheering on the Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin Badgers.
Jennifer looks forward to getting to know the students, staff and TCDS families. She says, “Creating collaborative relationships helps all of our students succeed and be the Champions that they already are!”
Meet Mr. Casey Hopper
Middle School Resource Teacher
Meet Mrs. Heidi Tronstad
Heidi Tronstad, M.S., CCC-SLP, has been working as a Speech-Language Pathologist at Tucson Country Day School since January 2013. She has also worked at the Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind, as well as provided speech-language services to children ranging in age from toddlers through high school with TEAM-Ed and the Department of Developmental Disabilities. Heidi has a Master of Science degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Arizona and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She has an Arizona state license as a Speech-Language Pathologist as well as a certificate from the Arizona Department of Education for PreK – 12th grade.
Heidi and her husband Russ has three sons who are in high school and college. Heidi enjoys reading, hiking, spending time with her family and playing with her dog.
Meet Mrs. Vickie Jones
Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Vickie Jones has been working as the school’s Speech-Language Pathology Assistant since October 2013. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences from the University of Arizona and is also retired from the USAF.
Vickie is married to a fellow Air Force Veteran who teaches Technology and Science at a local middle school. She has a daughter who is starting high school and a son who teaches Film and Broadcasting at a local high school. In her spare time, Vickie likes to read, craft and play clarinet.
Meet Ms. Gaby
Gabriele “Gaby” Araiza is currently working very hard to complete her Early Education and Special Education degree from University of Phoenix. Gaby loves to learn, especially if it is something new.
Gaby is very outgoing and enjoys exploring. Whether it be for a hike or a drive, movement is the best way to enjoy life. Gaby also enjoys exercising such as powerlifting, which has made her mind and body strong.
Meet Ms. Melissa Payton
Meet Ms. Rachel Ross
- I have two children. I have one girl and one boy.
- Fun fact most people don’t know about me: I have a pet parrot.
- Favorite place to relax: At home – I like being at home.
- One of my favorite colors is purple. I like to feel like I’m a princess like Ariel, and I feel like it is a calm and quiet color.