Springtime seems to bring many things beautiful, fresh and much appreciated. But one thing not so welcome is ants!
TCDS Monitor Ms. B let us know about a natural remedy for deterring those pesky pests.
Get Rid of Ants, Ants, Ants – Courtesy of food.com
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons boric acid
3 cups warm water
- Mix the sugar and Boric Acid well.
- Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won’t be too lumpy.
- Store in a jar.
- When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it, and then saturate the cotton to the top.
- Place where you want it; make several if you need it.
- It will keep for a long while.
- NOTE: I usually drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so ants will find it sooner.
- It sometimes takes a little while for the ants to find it, but find it they will.
- When they do, let the ants alone; you will want to “dispose” of them because they look so creepy, but don’t because they will hang over the edge of the lid and drink, drink, drink, and then take it back to the nest.
- Almost over night, the ants will be gone.